PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 30 MINUTES
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c blanched hazelnuts or almonds
8 Tbsp splenda
3 oz bittersweet chocolate
1/2 c reduced fat sour cream
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
5 egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 tsp salt
* fresh sliced strawberries for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Generously coat 8" or 9" springform pan with 2 teaspoons of the butter and dust with 1 tablespoon of the cocoa (don't tap out excess cocoa; leave in pan)
2. In food processor, combine nuts with 1 tablespoon of the splenda until finely ground.
3. In top of double boiler over barely simmering water, melt chocolate and remaining 4 teaspoons of butter, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
4. Remove from heat. Place chocolate mixture in large bowl. Add nut mixture, sour cream, egg yolks, vanilla extract, cinnamon, 5 tablespoons of remaining sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir until blended.
5. In another large bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons splenda, beating until whites hold stiff peaks when beaters are lifted.
6. Stir one-quarter of beaten whites into choclate mixture to lighten up. Gently fold in remaining whites. Spoon into prepared pan. Gently smooth top.
7. Bake 30 minutes or until cake has risen and is dry on top, and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with few moist crumbs. Cool on rack until warm.
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
PER SERVING: NUTRITION FACTS:
140 CALS, 4 G PROTEIN, 10 G CARBS,
4 G SAT FAT, 46 MG CHOL, 1 G FIBER,
80 MG SODIUM
HERE IS ANOTHER TASTY TREAT FOR THE HOLIDAYS. ONE LITTLE TIP THOUGH THAT I LOVE TO DO IS TO ADD THE FRESH BERRIES (RASBERRIES ARE A GOOD SUBSTITUTE TOO) AND THEN READY FOR THIS...DRUM ROLL PLEASE....IN A SMALL BOWL HEAT UP SUGAR FREE HERSHEYS SYRUP IN THE MICROWAVE AND DRIZZLE ON TOP... NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!! ENJOY!