Monday, February 05, 2007

YUMMY MONDAYS: Barbecue Salmon Steaks


It's almost that time so just to prepare everyone for those spring time BBQs here is a tasty recipe that is light and so very easy to prepare. Living in sunny CA it allows for a tasty treat even in the dead of winter. Of course for all of those that live elsewhere, lucky for you because this recipe can be done in the comfort of your own kitchen. Enjoy!!!

2 tbsp Light soy sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
4 salmon steaks

Green Sauce
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup roughly chopped chives


1/4 tsp ginger
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp chopped onion
1/2 cup Olive oil
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1 hard-boiled egg

Freshly ground black pepper. Combine soy sauce and sugar. Brush each salmon steak with soy sauce mixture.
Barbecue, turning occasionally until salmon is cooked. Serve hot with Green Ginger Sauce.

Green ginger sauce:
Place parsley, chives, ginger, capers and onion in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
Process until finely chopped. Add olive oil, lemon or lime juice and egg. Process until smooth.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I can not wait to try these Barbecue Salmon Steaks! I just bought Turbo Jam and I'm on my second week now. My roommate and I do the workouts every night and have SUCH a blast. You have great energy and a great personality that keeps me motivated. We always joke about how you remind us of a friend of ours SO much! (My roommate thinks you'd be great fun to bring to a club! LOL!) Thank you so much for all the motivation!

Chia Y. Wu, DMD said...

this recipe was REALLLY good! thanks for posting this.....I really enjoyed it, especially the sauce!!! :) and I like how the egg was added into the sauce....it just made it that much better :)