Monday, April 14, 2008

YUMMY MONDAYS: LOW-FAT RANCH DRESSING


Low-Fat Ranch Dressing



We all know there are so many low-fat salad dressing on the market, but there is nothing like the taste of a freshly made dressing. Here is a quick and simple one you will love!!





Ingredients:



4 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons granular no-calorie sweetener, e.g., Splenda (R)
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced



Cooking Directions:



In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sweetener and marjoram. Whisk in buttermilk, yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in onion, parsley and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to thicken. whisk before serving. serve over salad greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Yield: 10 servings



Nutrition Info per serving, Calories: 30, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Fat: 2 g, Protein: 0 g ,Sugars: 1 g

2 comments:

Renee said...

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3L_Ra6GPQo

I love your videos! And on the video above, or on my blog post for March 19th you can see that my 9 year old son does as well!! He made this video all by himself one day!!
I am glad I found your blog!
Hugs,
Renee..thanks for the daily motivation!!

Anonymous said...

Hey my name is cynthia and i was wondering if you had any upcoming events in florida? I really want to start your program but unfortunately I have no money :-( I really want to start losing weight because I just had a baby, he is three months now and its the perfect time to start excersizing. Please help!!! I love your stuff!!