3/4 cup liquid egg substitute or 3 large eggs or 3 /4 cup egg whites
1 package frozen chopped spinach (10 oz.)
3/4 cup shredded, any kind of reduced-fat cheese
1/4 cup diced red or green peppers or mixture of both
1/4 cup diced onions
Salt to taste - I like it salty and used a half teaspoon.
Makes 12 mini-quiches
Need: Foil baking cups, muffin tin, cooking spray, oven
1. Heat oven to 350F
2. Line 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray the cups with the cooking spray.
3. Thaw and drain spinach - I wring it out well in my hand, which eliminates a lot of the "spinachy" taste for those who hate boiled spinach.
4. Mix the spinach, egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce, salt in a bowl.
5. Fill the foil cups with the mixture.
6. Bake at 350F or 20 minutes, testing so that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Remove from cups to serve.
5 grams fat - which includes 2 g. saturated, 3 g mono
10 mg cholesterol
3 grams carbohydrate
9 grams protein
2 grams fiber
160 mg sodium (more if you add salt as I did)
I love, love, LOVE these mini quiches because I can prepare them ahead of time and they keep nicely in the refrigerator for a couple days. More importantly they are light, healthy, and super quick and easy to re-heat for a meal on the go. Perfect for someone who is constantly on the go and looking for something to grab, other than those same ole chalky protein bars...ugh!! Enjoy...