Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Bomb Bay of the Day: Loreal Sunless Tanner Gelee

When I really like a product, gadget or gizmo, I call it "da bomb!". BUT...when I fall HEAD OVER HEELS and begin my work as an evangelists for some new do-hicky, I call it "The Bomb Bay!"

I often say that in my next life I want to come back as a QVC host. I love sharing things that make life easier, help us look better/younger/thinner, save us time, stay on the cutting edge, solve a propblem, you get the picture.

So... I plan to blog at cha whenever I find one of these yummy little gems! I thought I would start with a Bomb Bay that really rocks! Ever wonder why I (we) look so tan in our videos... answer... self-tanner. My theory is everyone looks more toned with a tan! Naturally my skin tone is as white as the background on this page. But after a brush with skin cancer, rapidly multiplying freckles and Scottish-Irish blood working against me... self-tanner has become my BFF! I've become an expert of sorts. I've tried everything from the $75 bottles to "waste of time" towlettes. My personal research has determined that the very fastest acting, least likely to streak or look orange is.....(drum rolll please...) a $7.00 bottle of L'oreal Gel Sunless Tanner. It's actually called a Gelee. Now, they make something similar in a lotion, but and I beg of you to believe me... the gelee is FAR superior; big difference! Save your money. And where might one find this bomb bay of the day... just about any drug store. I've also found it at Target, Walmart and even once at Big Lots (now that was a good day!)


It took great strenght for me to share this with you. I discovered this Bomb-bay about 3 years ago and until today (insert self-reflective deep breathe here)...I have selfishly guarded "my find" for fear others would strip the shelves of local drug stores everywhere leaving me desperate, angry and pasty pasty white! Bottom line, the stuff is VERY hard to find and especially in the winter months, which makes no sense to me at all. When I *do* find it, I buy every bottle on the shelf. One bottle should last 5 or so full body applications. The thicker you put it on, the darker and quicker you tan. (Don't forget to wash your hands when you're done!) I find it goes on best right out of the shower. Let it dry a good 30 to 40 minutes before getting dressed. Does it smell you ask? Yes. And they ALL do and if someone tells you otherwise, they are lying or the one they're talking about doesn't work. (Remember, I'm an expert on this topic! But hey... a little chemical smell for a few hours is a small price to pay for a "safe tan".




Once you apply the gelee and let it dry for about 30 minutes (you can walk around in a loose t-shirt or light weight robe), you want to avoid taking a shower for about 4 to 5 hours. The tan appears gradually over that time frame. After about 5 hours, you can shower again, if you really can't stand the smell. The tan should last you about 3 to 4 days and it just gradually begins to fade. Apply every other day for a really dark tan!

Enjoy... but hede my warning and wash those hands after every application!!! Oh, and if you find a great place to find this little bomb bay, be sure to post the location in your comment and LEAVE ONE FOR ME!!!

XOXOX
Chalene

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for some self tanner. I'll have to look into this stuff. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for this Bomb-bay! I will be on the hunt for this today I currently use another lotion kind I am not excited about...I too am white as they come lol

Anonymous said...

Wanted to add you can buy this online at Drugstore.com

Anonymous said...

I found it today at Walgreen's (and bought the three bottles they had left). :) I didn't think the smell was that bad. Thanks for the recommendation!

The Duchess of Paso Robles said...

Oooooh, I can't wait to try this. If I find a big stash up here North of you, I'll send it through the D-Unit.

I can't wait for Camp!

The Duchess of Paso Robles said...

Oooooh, I can't wait to try this. If I find a big stash up here North of you, I'll send it through the D-Unit.

I can't wait for Camp!

The Duchess of Paso Robles said...

You'll be so tanned by Camp.

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what self tanner you use! I'm so glad you have been able to post again! I missed it! Btw, are you still writing a book? If so, I can't wait!!!

Helen said...

Hey Chalene,

Thanks so much for sharing :). One big concern here, though. Does it rub off on your workout clothes when you sweat? The self-tanners I used before rub off on clothes when I'm working out/teaching. It's nasty! ;)

Thanks,
Helen

Helen said...

Hey Chalene,

Thanks so much for sharing :). One big concern here, though. Does it rub off on your workout clothes when you sweat? The self-tanners I used before rub off on clothes when I'm working out/teaching. It's nasty! ;)

Thanks,
AmericanMaid97

Unknown said...

I found this at Eckerd here in TN, but I ended up getting the new Sublime GLOW from L'oreal- It's one of those gradually tanning moisturizers! Thought it would be better to do that since I'm stark white as of right now- can't just show up the next day with a fabulous tan you know! Maybe in a couple of weeks I can graduate to the Sublime Bronze gelee, lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to buy this self tanner tonight! Then I'll have a nice tan at this summer turbo kick camp. I can't wait to see ya Chalene!!!

Unknown said...

I have this too and keep it all to myself...just closet addictions and selfish ways I guess! =)

Inhale then exhale said...

fabulous!
Insert me leaving my office right now to get a few bottles of this BOMBAY :)
i love ur videos :)

Anonymous said...

i love you because you shop at Big Lots !

Jamie said...

Iwas just wondering if after you get out of the shower you moisturize with a lotion before putting it on?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Chalene! I'm a self-tanner freak too and am always looking for the "perfect" one. I haven't tried this one yet but I just bought a couple a Wal-Mart yesterday. I'm going to go try it as soon as I'm done typing this! :) What was funny though was that a first glance, I thought they didn't have any of the gelee, just the lotion. I was bummed, but when I dug around a little more, I found a TON of the gelees *behind* the lotions! It was almost like someone was hiding them! LOL Which shade do you use? I'm pretty fair but all they had was the medium-deep shade so I hope I don't end up looking like a carrot. Thanks again for telling us about this little gem! And keep up the awesome work, your videos ROCK!

Melanie, a Turbo Addict from Ohio :)

muzikjunky said...

I dragged my poor husband into walmart too and he helped my find it. Thanks so much for sharing!! I love your blogs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! I live in Hawaii but with work and life, I never have time to get a good tan. It's ridiculous to live here and be pasty! I bought it yesterday and I am in LOVE. And thanks for Turbo Jam. I do it every day and I have the best body I've ever had!!!

J-F & Kim said...

I know that my question is not related to your post but.. please help me!

I would LOOOOOOOOVE to buy the cute "Turbo Girl" bumper sticker you have on your SUV. Saw this in one of your DVD. Is it available?? If not, you should sell it. I'b buy it for sure.

petiteperle77@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I saw on one of your videos that you have a Turbo Girl sticker for your car. How do I get one? I love it.

Unknown said...

Hello Chalene

I bought turbo jam maximun results 3 months ago and I can not beleive that I am still doing the exercises 6 times a week and enjoing it!!! You really have
made a difference at the way I look at exercising. However, I need to try a new routine and I am not sure of which program I should buy get on the ball or fat burning elite. I am concisous about my stomach and my legs.

Thanks you for everything

verraultjulie@hotmail.com
Quebec Canada

Anonymous said...

I ordered your TurboJam package on the web today. I sent an email to BeachBody as well, but wanted you to know there are some problems with online ordering. It took me 3 or 4 tries before the site didn't bounce me out - this is after I put in my credit card information - I only want one set - hopefully, they get it right.

Terri said...

I have to agree this is a superior product. I live in Canada and I have found it to be the best I've tried. I'm not a fan of the starchy smell but it is worth having a safe tan for sure! LOVE IT~!

Tiffany said...

I recently saw a Turbo jam car decal when I was walking my dog. I WANT ONE!!!! Does anyone know where I can find one?