Tuesday, May 08, 2007

YUMMY MONDAYS: Pineapple-Papaya-Mango Smoothie




This recipe serves: 1
Preparation time : 5 minutes

Ingredients
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup peeled, cored and cubed pineapple
1/4 cup peeled, seeded and chopped ripe papaya

1/4 cup peeled, cubed mango
honey to taste
1/2 cup ice



Cooking Instructions
1. Place the juice, fruit and honey in a blender. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the ice and blend until smooth.

I like to add some personal touches to this recipe that my husband doesn't always fancy... for example, I like to use splenda instead of honey. But then I am a girl made out of splenda! Also being my life is busy busy, I find myself using frozen mango and papaya and throwing in a half scoop of some Beachbody vanilla protein powder. Doing these things will shift the calorie intake just a bit but not that extreme just gives you a bit more protein to keep you fuller longer, perfect for that life on the go!!! Did I mention how, oh so fab this smoothie is for those hot spring and summertime days!!??

Reminder: If you do decide to use the frozen fruit, you will not need to add any ice for it will be frothy enough from the frozen fruit. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts


Serving Size about 1 cup

Amount Per Serving


Calories 121

Protein 1 g
Total Carbohydrate 30 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Soluble Fiber 0 g
Insoluble Fiber 1 g
Sugar 27 g
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g

Another helpful tip to make your life a little less chaotic: Use drained, canned pineapple packed in its own juices.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chalene,
I think you are super cool!!!
I just received my Turbo jam and
tried it yesterday. I totally love
it. Rather than eating crap when I get frustrated about having put on weight, yet again, I can work my
frustrations with myself out doing turbo jam.
I do have a question though, I am
not being able to hook with the online support for whatever reason, the site keeps rejecting me, even I have purchased several of the turbo jams dvd's and products.
How do I get registered on the site
so I can receive online support?
My current question is , I have gotten the activit vitamins and herbs which I started taking yesterday. However before I start to take the slimming formula, there
is one indgredient which concerns me, ie sodium, because since I hit "mental"pause lol, (I am fifty four) I do tend to, very badly, if I do not drink lots of, and do exercise, retain water. Therefore I was wondering about consumming such a large amount of sodium. Or is this in a different form which does not have the same effect? Everything else in it sounds great, but I really would appreciate some feedback from you before I take it. Ps , other than being overweight, I do not have any health issues, and have no problem doing strenuous excercise when I am behaving myself. Turbo jam has gotten my back on the proper nutrition wagon. Looking forward to hearing from you, love all these awesome tips you have posted here, I especially would like to get the dmrs. Have a wonderful day. Thanks so much, Barb in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Chalene, I am 28 and I have lost over 80lbs. using Turbo Jam and I LOVE IT! I own every single workout from Turbo Jam and I'm well on my way to having them all memorized! I was a cheerleader and dancer so it all comes natural for me. I really hope you make some more videos since there are no Turbo Jam instructors here in Austin, Tx!!! Maybe I should become one!! Anyway, I love you and Thank you...for saving my life.

Nicki

Anonymous said...

Chalene, I just love you sooo much! You are such an inspiration to me! I have been doing TurboJam for 1 month now. I love all of your tips, and recipes, that I have yet to try. Just received my ThinKitchen in the mail. I want to thank you, and say GOD BLESS YOU my dear. I have lost 5 lbs. already, 1 1/2 inches each, in my chest, hips, thighs, and arms! You have changed my life! I have so much energy now. I have quit taking my pain medicine, only taking my muscle relaxers when, I go to bed, but not taking them every night either. Before I started TurboJam, I was taking anywhere from 4-5 Darvocet a day. I broke my back in 1989, and then had major back surgery, where they put a plate & screws in my low back. Since I have started TurboJam, I believe I have only taken a total of 4 Darvocets! This is truly remarkable! PRAISE GOD I found you & TurboJam, and the TurboJam team. I have to do the low impact modifications, because of the shape my back is in. You are truly amazing. I thank GOD for you everyday, and PRAISE THE LORD, I can do this workout with you!
Thank you Chalene! GOD BLESS you and yours! GOD BLESS the TurboTeam!
Love always,
Debra in Iowa